“Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell; I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell.” — C.T. Studd
The Crescent Advance is a team of like-minded believers sent from Baptist churches who have joined together to further the Gospel among Muslim peoples and in lands under the shadow of the crescent.
THIS IS OUR MOMENT! God is clearly at work among Muslim peoples, opening their hearts and opening their eyes to the Person of Jesus Christ. At hand is an unprecedented opportunity to carry the Gospel message to Muslims at home, as well as to those under the shadow of the crescent. Muslims everywhere are searching for answers and are more open to the Gospel than ever before.
There are many Muslims coming to Christ all around the world and we have the blessed privilege to become "labourers together with God" (I Corinthians 3:9). God has a mission in this world and we can join Him in his mission.
For security reasons and because of the creative-access countries in which crescent advance team members serve, their personal information is not listed on this site. If you would like more information, please connect with us.
Our Lord said to his disciples, "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest" (Matthew 9:37-38).
As followers of Jesus, each of us has the privilege to labor together with our Lord in His great work around the world as we labor in prayer. It has been said that the work of God goes forward on the knees of His people. Prayer is the key element. We are committed to both praying for the Muslim world and enlisting others to join us.
Encountering a Muslim is no longer limited to a handful of Western tourists who happen to visit some Middle Eastern destination. Muslims now inhabit nearly every country in the world.
There are unique challenges of sharing the Gospel with Muslims. The heartbeat of every believer should be to understand these challenges and to patiently and lovingly share the message of Christ in a way that any precious soul can understand. Our desire is to encourage believers and to equip them to take the Gospel to Muslims around them.
Firemen run towards the blaze; soldiers move towards the battle; why should God’s people be any different? The Middle East is fraught with terror, danger, and strife, just like any other place on Earth! Muslim people await the obedience of believers to carry the light of the Gospel.
Our team is committed to helping laborers follow the direction of the Lord in their lives and to facilitating them for the Islamic world. Connect with us so we can hear how God is working in your life and to see how we can assist you.
WHAT THE CRESCENT ADVANCE IS…
- The Crescent Advance team is a group of friends with a passion to extend the glory of God to the Muslim world who are submitting one to another and laboring together to see His glory made great among the peoples which lie under the shadow of the crescent.
- The passion of our lives is simply to know Jesus Christ, to make Him known among Muslim peoples, and to provoke believers to obedient action in the matter of engaging the lost with the Gospel.
- We are a diversely gifted group of ordinary individuals and families attempting to use the gifts God has placed in our hands to reach the Muslim world with the Gospel.
- It is our vision and prayer that God will raise up vibrant bodies of indigenous believers from Muslim backgrounds in every part of the Middle East faithfully propagating the Gospel and reproducing themselves in the lives of others.
- We are committed to extending the call for volunteers to labor among the harvest fields of the Muslim peoples of the world. Our call to these volunteers is, “Come,” not “Go.”
- We are committed to encouraging and facilitating laborers in their obedience to the Lord’s direction to work in Muslim lands.
WHAT THE CRESCENT ADVANCE IS NOT…
- The Crescent Advance team is not a mission board and does not have any intention to become a mission board or to act as a sending agency at any time in the future.
- The Crescent Advance team does not exercise authority over the other team members. The authority for each team member is derived from the authority of their sending church.
- While more experienced members may provide leadership and direction, the Crescent Advance team does not dictate the daily activities of other members. Those involved in the Crescent Advance understand that the only power we have over the consciences of others is the power of influence.
- We are not concerned with buildings, money, or programs—which are never to be the primary measure of any ministry. We believe that these are peripheral and are not paramount to effective service for the Lord. Our effectiveness is not measured by the temporal, it is measured by our obedience and is reflected in the lives of faithful men who have become true followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and are reproducing themselves in others.
WHERE WE LABOR…
The Middle East and North Africa are regions of the world ripe for the Gospel. While the job is certainly not easy, ours is a job which is simple—we are to lift up Jesus. Our Lord said, “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me” (John 12:32).
Crescent Advance ministry partners are serving in or are preparing to serve in some of the most difficult places in the Islamic world. Please pray that God would send forth more laborers into the restricted, creative-access nations in the Middle East and across North Africa. Pray that the Gospel would go forth in great power and boldness. Pray that indigenous, self-reproducing churches would be formed across the Muslim world. And, please pray that local churches and believers in every part of the world would be moved to obedience in the matter of sharing the Gospel with Muslims God has placed around them.
The command to get the Gospel to the nations is a command for all of God's children. None of us are excepted. It is not a command for just a selected few. You can labor in prayer both with us and for us. You can become better prepared to engage Muslims with the Gospel as God brings them across your path. Here are some beginning steps:
• Sign up for our regular prayer email (below).
• Enroll in the Good News In the Tents of Ishmael training seminar.
• Make a financial investment to get the word out.
If you are praying about God’s direction for your life or if you wish to learn more of God’s work in the Muslim world first-hand, we invite you to look beyond the exterior; come and see what God is doing in lands which lie under the shadow of the crescent.
• Take a vision trip to a Muslim-majority country. Connect with us so we can help you or host you.
• Connect with frontline workers serving among Muslim peoples.
• Learn about and engage Muslims in your city.
Come join us on the road less traveled. The road less traveled is not for everyone. The road less traveled is such because it is often a hard and lonely road; it is a call to a life of faith; it is a call to committed and unflinching obedience to the Master despite the howling storms on all sides. The road less traveled is a call to the heart of God Himself. Let's walk this road together!
• Allow us to walk along with you as you preparing for full-time service overseas in a Muslim context.